NAMA Facility Ambition Initiative – Round Two closes on 30 April: Collected Resources for Applicants
The Ambition Initiative – Round Two, the NAMA Facility’s current Call for Projects, was launched on 9 November 2021 at COP26 in Glasgow and will close on 30 April 2022.
Ambition Initiative – Round Two, which shares the features of the Ambition Initiative Call from the previous year, will once again support a combination of technical and financial assistance to allow partner countries to fulfil their climate commitments, while fostering carbon-neutral economic development and green recovery efforts.
Through the Ambition Initiative – Round Two, the NAMA Facility wants to signal to potential applicants that if developing countries and emerging economies are eager to ramp up the implementation of ambitious NDCs, support is available.
As less than one month remains until the closure of the Ambition Initiative – Round Two, the Technical Support Unit (TSU) of the NAMA Facility has compiled all the tools related to the Call in order to assist Applicants in further developing and refining their NAMA Support Project (NSP) Outlines.
- General Information Document, with additional courtesy translations in Spanish and French
- Do’s and Don’ts Before You Submit Your NSP Outline
- Guidelines on Outline Annex 6: GHG Mitigation Potential
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) and Clarifications – Applicants can still submit any outstanding questions to the NAMA Facility at contact(at)nama-facility.org by 17 April 2022.
- Webinar I: Introduction to the Ambition Initiative – Round Two and Insights into Eligibility Criteria, 15 December 2021, providing an overview of the new Call and emphasising the relevant criteria used for assessing and selecting NSP Outlines
- Webinar II: NSP Outline Development: Practical Examples, 16 February 2022, offering among others a deep dive into the AFOLU sector and featuring recommendations for the NSP Outlines preparing an intervention in this sector
- Webinar III: Clarification and FAQs, 23 March 2022, highlighting the most common questions and clarification requests as well as describing lessons learnt from the various sectors the NSPs are active in
The NAMA Facility’s Ambition Initiative Call will close on 30 April 2022, 3 pm (CEST/GMT+2).
The NAMA Facility is a joint initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), UK’s Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), the Danish Ministry of Climate, Energy and Utilities (KEFM), the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), the European Union and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF).