You’re Invited to the NAMA Facility’s COP26 Side Event
Venue: NDC Partnership’s COP26 Pavilion (Glasgow, UK) with Livestream
Date: 9. November
Time: 15:30-16:30 UK time (16:30-17:30 CET)
Livestream Link: Please join the livestream through the NDC Partnership’s Facebook page.
Working Title “From mobilization to action: how climate finance supports ambitious NDCs and a green recovery from Covid-19. Examples of the NAMA Facility Ambition Initiative”
Speakers and Panelists:
- Pablo Vieira, Global Director, NDC Partnership Moderator)
- Jochen Flasbarth, State Secretary, German Ministry for Environment, Nature Protection, & Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- Jo Churchill, Minister, UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Justin Johnson, Director, Climate, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)
- Radina Vassileva, Desk Officer, Technical Support Unit – NAMA Facility Secretariat
- Philipp Behrens, Head of Division- International Climate Initiative, German Ministry for Environment, Nature Protection, & Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- Waqas Batley, Head of Climate Finance – Multilateral Institutions, UK Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Andrea Meza, Minister, Ministry of Environment and Energy of Costa Rica (MINAE)
- Dr. Chris Kiptoo, Principal Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forestry of Kenya (MoEF)
- Dr. Pem Narayan Kandel, Secretary, Ministry of Forestry and Environment (MOFE)
The side event will provide an illustrative example of how finance provided under the $100bn umbrella target delivers climate action in the real world and can play a fundamental role in leveraging further public and private finance in developing countries.
At this event, we will formally announce shortlisted applicants from the Ambition Initiative and mark the launch of the second round of the Ambition Initiative.
The NAMA Facility Ambition Initiative was jointly launched by the UK and Germany in 2020 and was later joined by the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation.
Strategic Communications Specialist, NAMA Facility