Review NAMA Facility Workshop “Climate Finance in Action”, Bonn 2017
The Technical Support Unit (TSU) of the NAMA Facility held a workshop during the Bonn Climate Change Conference / SBI/SBSTA Meeting entitled as Climate Finance in Action – Reflections from the NAMA Facility, which took place in Bonn 12 May 2017. The first session focused on lessons learnt and included presentations from Sandra Spies, a representative of the Costa Rican Low Carbon Coffee NAMA and Andreas Gruner, representing the Mexican Sustainable Housing NAMA. The two NAMAs receive support for implementation from the NAMA Facility. The first session was concluded by a presentation on the linkage of Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) and Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) by Xander van Tilburg (ECN).
The second session tackled the question of “Financing NAMAs and Mitigation Actions under NDCs”. Ash Sharma from the TSU of the NAMA Facility discussed in his presentation the question “What are the key success factors for “bankable” NAMA proposals?”. Following input speeches were provided by Asger Garnak (Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate, Denmark), Dr. Lasse Ringius (Global Green Growth Institute) and Jan-Willem van der Ven (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development).
More than 50 international participants from International Organisations and Country representatives attended the workshop and engaged in the discussion on financing of NAMAs and the role of NAMAs as important building blocks for NDC implementation.
- Climate Finance in Action – Reflections from the NAMA Facility
- Andreas Gruner: Experiences from the Mexican Housing NAMA
- Sandra Spies: Experiences from the Costa Rican Café NAMA
- Xander van Tilburg: NAMAs as a Means of Supporting NDC Implementation
- Ash Sharma: Financing NAMAs and mitigation Actions under the NDCs
- Dr. Lasse Ringius, Global Green Growth Institute
- Jan Willem van de Ven: Financing Green Transformation